All donations over $2 are tax deductible!
Donations are perhaps one of the most valuable ways to help us. Horses are one of - if not THE - most expensive domestic animals to rehabilitate and keep.
Donations are always welcomed and appreciated at Second Chance. First and foremost, we need money. Although our committee members, volunteers and foster care-givers give of their time and services for free, we still must pay for veterinary bills, feed, dental and farrier care for our horses and ponies, not to mention the costs of advertising, postage, printing etc.
You can make a single donation - even if it is only a couple of dollars.
$2 buys a flake of hay for a starving pony
$14 buys a bale of hay for a starving horse
$25 buys a good quality wormer to help improve a horse's health
$40 pays for overgrown, chipped and sore hooves to be smoothly trimmed back again
$50 pays for a bag of feed full of nutrients and goodness for a neglected horse
$75 pays for an odd-size rug to keep an ill horse warm and dry throughout winter
$90 pays for basic dental care
$120 pays for more intensive dental care
$200 pays for a minor vet bill
... and so on.
Even if you yourself cannot contribute much, why not speak to friends and family about collecting donations to send to us to help us in our work?
Some ideas on ways you and the people you know can support us;
- Donation collection; contact your friends and family, Facebook friends, sports club, school, group or club, show them our website or flyers and collect donations from everyone, however little they can contribute. It all adds up!
- Free dress day at work or school; speak to your boss or Headmaster about a fundraising free-dress day, with each person to make a gold coin contribution!
- Donations instead of gifts; some members in the past have very generously asked friends, family or work colleagues for donations toward Second Chance in place of gifts for special occasions. One young lady kindly asked for donations in place of birthday gifts and managed to raise over $300 for Second Chance!
- Hold your own Fundraising Event! Speak to Second Chance about the sort of event you would like to hold whether it be a weekend-carwash, or a Quiz Night at your local town hall. We can provide you with a permission letter to ask for prizes/contributions, and information and support with organising your event!
- Garage sales; get rid of your unwanted goods and items, and donate full or part proceeds to Second Chance. We very gratefully accepted $130 from a 13 year old girl one year who sold all her old unwanted belongings just to help us help more horses.
We also need donations of second-hand horse gear such as saddles, bridles, rugs, feed bins, fly-veils, halters, first aid items, etc. for our horses. Click here to view our Wish List of items.
Other donations that are welcome include good quality items we can sell at our Swapmeets or at events, or products/items we can raffle off to raise funds for our organisation.
Please find the details of our local Feed Store as below. Remember, if you wish to donate directly into the Second Chance Account - please ensure that the store are aware the payment is coming in, and if donating via direct deposit into the store account make a note on your payment to show this.
Northam Chaff & Fodder Company
24 Church Rd Maddington WA 6109
Ph: 9459 3016
Acc No: 352794406